1. See Revenue Commissioners Property Statement of Home belonging to Sheriff Ana Franklin:
2. PERTINENT LAW PERSONAL USE OF OFFICE – Section 36-25-5(a) states: "No public official or public employee shall use or cause to be used his or her official position or office to obtain personal gain for himself or herself, or family member of the public employee or family member of the public official, or any business with which the person is associated unless the use and gain are otherwise specifically authorized by law. Personal gain is achieved when the public official, public employee, or a family member thereof receives, obtains, exerts control over, or otherwise converts to personal use the object constituting such personal gain.”
3. Mr. Stebbin's personnel actions: See uploads attached.
4. Mr. Stebbins did not meet the minimum requirements of the initial background check as identified in the Morgan County Sheriff's Manual. Nor was a background check conducted on Mr. Stebbins as is required by the Morgan County Sheriff's Office.
5. Mr. Stebbins was arrested for and subsequently convicted of 1st Degree Burglary.
6. Mr. Stebbins was spending time in the Limestone County jail during part of his employment with the Morgan County Sheriff's Office. As verified by Morgan County employees. He was charged with Contempt of Court and 3rd Degree Burglary and was reportedly in jail on his first day of work. His supervisor was told by the sheriff if they had any problems with his absence from work to contact her directly.
7. Mr. Stebbins was arrested on during his tenure with the Morgan County Sheriff's Department as a Corrections Officer.
8. Mr. Stebbins was paid holiday and or overtime during his arrest on December 23, 2012. The News Courier article stated that Mr. Stebbins was arrested for Contempt of Court 12/23/2012. The contempt of court was reportedly a Burglary 3rd. See paragraph 10 below Leave and Earning Statements.
9. Mr. Stebbins was given favorable treatment by the Sheriff allowing him to receive overtime and or Holiday pay prior to meeting his probationary status which would have ended June 13, 2013 as identified in his personnel action at paragraph 3. See paragraph 10 below Leave and Earning Statements.
10. Mr. Stebbins time and attendance below.
11. The Morgan County Sheriff's Office allowed Mr. Stebbins to resign w/o Adequate Notice approved on February 4, 2013.
Ah! The perks of being the common law son-in-law of the Sheriff Ana Franklin, Morgan County, Alabama.
What would the Alabama State Attorney General do if the sheriff involved was a Democrat?